Exciting PhD opportunities available
We are looking for talented and motivated students with degrees in civil, chemical or environmental engineering (or similar) to undertake PhD projects in the following research areas:
1. Algal taste and odour production in water reservoirs;
2. Ecophysiology of taste- and odour-producing algae;
3. Development of risk management strategies for algal growth and accumulation within drinking water treatment plants;
4. Optimising oxidation in the context of nuisance and harmful algae;
5. Granular activated carbon application for algal metabolite treatment.
The students must be successful in securing their own primary scholarships via a Research Training Program (RTP) or equivalent. A secondary top-up scholarship may be available for exceptional applicants.
General enquiries should be directed to Dr Bojan Tamburic, Project Manager, NHASP.